Teqoia zoekt een Construction Manager in BelgiumBelgium Belgium
Our client is a leading Project Management and Engineering Company serving industry around the world for 40 years. Their reputation is based on forming successful partnerships with their clients, providing them with innovative designs and cost effective solutions in the context of sound judgment, strong management and technical excellence.
They provide Full Service Engineering for their clients including Project and Program Management, Procurement, Design, Construction Management, Health and Safety Management, Commissioning, Qualification and Start-up on numerous projects across a range of market sectors.
You are responsible for the daily coordination of construction activities for capital projects and/or the execution of shutdowns and turn arounds. The follow-up and coordination of external contractors is also under your supervision.
Major tasks and responsibilities :
• Develop the construction execution plan and manage the quality of construction management of capital projects, shutdowns and turn arounds.
• Lead the site inspection for the acceptance of partial completion and full completion of contractor’s work, lead the construction management team to prepare punch list and execute punch-killing activities till the complete acceptance of the project.
• Lead the construction management team to verify the quantities of completed work or completed milestones to support the certification of payment to construction contractors as per the construction contract.
• Review the contractor’s daily report and weekly report, and support the scheduler for physical progress checking.
• Conduct regular construction coordination meetings with contractors
• Establish responsibilities and work flows for all reporting lines and field support personnel
• Lead the constructability review or studies for construction feasibility during Engineering phase
• Support the development of the construction quality plan during preparation phase, and implement the quality plan during the construction phase.
• Support labor and machinery resources planning to support the scheduling of construction, check the contractor’s manpower plan to validate the construction schedule.
• Support PM /TA manager and procurement function to develop the contracting plan, lead the preparation of technical documents of request for proposal (or invitation to bid), lead bid clarification and evaluation.
• Mechanical or chemical engineering or other engineering education background. Master degree preferred.
• Having at least 5 years of reliability, maintenance or project execution related experience.
• Knowledge of Turn around or project planning and scheduling is preferable.
• Knowledge planning tools and SAP is preferable.
• Good conflict management and leadership skills.
• Good team player and the ability to motivate teams.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English. Basic skills in German are desired.
• A competitive salary supplemented with a wide range of fringe benefits (freelancers are also eligible).
• Employment at a stable and well-established player.
• An environment where the focus is on everyone's strengths and further improvement.