Cyber Security engineers are responsible for developing effective computing solutions to increase the security of their company's systems and projects. They are involved in creating new ways to solve existing production security issues and must possess an advanced understanding of existing cyber security solutions. As a result, they work with other engineers and professionals to deploy new strategies to contain and mitigate cyber security risks.
Security engineers must have strong communications skills and be able to work efficiently in a team setting. Moreover, security engineers are results oriented and should be able to work adequately under pressure. In addition, they should also possess problem-solving abilities and be able to work independently.
Cyber Security Engineer Tasks
• Develop, maintain and document central cyber security solutions like Anti Virus, Windows patch management, Remote Access, File transfer, IDS, IPS, etc.
• Develop and roll out of industrial networks
• Set up and maintain firewalls and firewall rules
• Test new or upgraded hardware and software and implement new technologies
• Identify security solutions and implement a multi-layered defense to protect the networks
• A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field is needed for this position.
• Additionally, 8 years of work experience (4 years for a junior) in a similar position in process automation is needed
• Needed languages: English and Dutch
• Industry security certifications can be helpful