As Electrical Engineer you have full responsibility for defining, budget preparation, calculation, quality definition, technical execution and material requisitioning of all Low Voltage & Medium Voltage System, including switchgear, motors, cables, transformers, VSD’s, UPS’s, electrical tracing systems, lighting systems, grounding systems, cable systems and cable routing systems. You liaise with engineers from other departments (e.g. instrumentation, process, piping, mechanical, etc.) and communicate with our suppliers to gather the information you need.
• Preparation of hardware budgets and hour budgets for proposals.
• Preparation of various technical documents: Area Classification, one line diagrams, control diagrams, electrical consumer and cable lists. Development of electrical tracing systems, lighting systems, grounding systems, cable systems and cable routing systems.
• Preparation specifications and data sheets for Motors, transformers, LV/HV switchgear, VSD systems, UPS/DC systems, and other electrical components.
Preparation of requisitions, technical bid tabulations and vendor pint checking.
• Assist in inspections when requested by inspection department Site assistance during construction, on request of the construction department (special assignment).
Education and Experience:
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical (power) engineering.
More than three years’ experience in a similar engineering function.
Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
• Frequent contact with various other engineering disciplines, procurement department and project department.
• Frequent contact with Electrical section of other TP offices (in case of project cooperation).
• Regular contacts with construction, sales and estimating departments.
• Regular contacts with clients and suppliers.