Our Client, Europe’s largest petrochemicals company is building a new ground breaking 3 billion euro petrochemical Cracker & PDH in Antwerp. This will be the biggest ever made and built in Europe in 20 years. The investment is a game changer for the chemical sectors and will bring huge benefits to the Belgium and wider European economies.
Purpose of the job
Reporting to Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the project engineering team to design and ensure the future assets will be built according to the company’s operations practices and operation standards.
• To follow HSSE performance, ensuring the reputation of the client is not jeopardized in any aspect of the project execution or subsequent operation;
• To support facilities design ensuring it is consistent with the Business Statement of Requirements performance criteria (e.g. availability, energy efficiency, capacity, yield, etc.);
• To work on the development and optimization of the process design, soliciting the input and approval of Process Technology Manager, Asset Operations and Maintenance personnel, Site Technical Authorities, etc. where required;
• To develop all day-to-day Process and Technical HSE design work performed by contractor(s) and other third party designers, ensuring all work satisfies The Project specifications and that the facilities comply with all relevant EU legislation and directives;
• To prepare Process-related contractor deliverables, ensuring that comments from all relevant the client stakeholders are solicited and addressed appropriately;
• To resolve Process-related Technical Queries raised by the Contractor(s);
• To support Process Safety ensuring the satisfactory completion of all applicable design safety reviews, including PHSER, HAZID, HAZOP, LoPA, QRA, CSE, etc.;
• To support that post-HAZOP design changes are implemented in accordance with the The Project MoC procedure;
• To work on PFDs, Heat and Material Balances, P&IDs, Cause & Effect Drawings, etc. until handover to the Asset;
• To execute Registers of Safety Related Devices, including accountability for the development of the PDH Relief Scenarios and design of overpressure protection systems;
• To develop Process information on equipment and materials data sheets and resulting vendor drawings;
• To provide the client Process input into the preparation, review and approval of Procurement procedures, the Project Supplier List, contractor/vendor pre-qualification, Purchase Requisitions, Invitations to Tender, etc.;
• To provide the client Process input into tender clarification/evaluation, contractor/vendor selection and contract/purchase order negotiation and placement, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with the the client Code of Conduct;
• To provide Process technical reports, presentations and analyses as requested;
• To interface, as required, with other The Project personnel on Process-related issues;
• To work on the Operating Envelope;
• To attend FATs and SATs as required;
• To supervise vendor supply, module fabrication and construction work, system Completions and Handover, punch-listing, ensuring that all work satisfies the The Project specifications from a Process perspective;
• To support pre-commissioning and commissioning, etc. as required, assisting the Manufacturing Rep with the development of strategies, plans and procedures;
• To Sr Process-related interface(s) with Asset stakeholders, primarily the Manufacturing Rep, ensuring the Asset is well-prepared for eventual project ownership, including the timely handover of the agreed Process deliverables to support training, O&M procedure development, Maximo population, etc.