Teqoia zoekt een Senior Warehouse Manager in De MeernDe Meern De Meern
We are looking for a fulltime Senior Warehouse Manager.
The expected start date is 1 August 2019 and will have a duration of one year
In addition to the profile, EN/DIN material knowledge is required.
Are you seeking for a new opportunity? Read the vacancy below!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Execute a safe, controlled & efficient material receipt, location control and issue process, in line with the construction priorities and Jacobs work procedures.
• Set-up warehouse related communication, procedural and logistic structures with the client, home office, construction organization and contractors.
• Able to report at any time during a project, the location of the supplied materials u/t issue of materials to contractors.
• Pro-actively interface between construction and home office concerning materials required in relation to the project schedule.
• Forecast and actively manage the warehouse staffing requirements.
• Training/ mentoring of Jacobs warehouse management potentials.
• Leading the warehouse team, if so required as a cooperating foreman.
• Development of a project/ program specific warehouse management plan (in line with the home office materials management plan and site/ client specific requirements
• Support/ advise construction management realizing project warehouse facilities (if required)
• Perform/ supervise commercial incoming goods inspections (including certificate check) according to Jacobs procedures
• Manage & register the formal hand-over points at receipt & at issue of materials
• Supervise safe warehouse related horizontal and vertical movements
• Supervise safe offloading of delivered materials & loading of issued materials
• Perform/ supervise storage of the received materials in the most safe and suitable (lockable, fenced-off, conditioned) location
• Set-up and chair material handling meetings with construction contractors
• Perform/ supervise picking and issuance of free issue materials to subcontractors
• Prepare for upcoming material deliveries, based on the material status reports
• Actively participate in construction progress meetings and report on materials status (if requested)
• Handle spare and left-over materials
• MMS data/information interpretation and follow-up
• Is responsible for:
o Running safe and tidy and administered warehouse facilities under his/her supervision.
o The quality of warehouse related movements data in MMS.
o Maintaining of an auditable file of the formal hand-over documents at receipt & at issue of materials.
o Assigning tasks to and leading of warehouse personnel under his/her supervision.
o The actions of warehouse personnel, under his/her supervision.
o Creating and maintaining a good working relation with the client, home office, construction organization and contractors.
• Has the authority to:
o Remove persons from and/or deny access to warehouse facilities under his/ her supervision, for example because of unsafe/ inappropriate behavior or acquired unauthorized access.
o Reject/ return to suppliers, unannounced and/or unsuitable packed deliveries at site (in consultation with the PPM and/or CM).
COOPERATION AND COMMUNICATION
• To perform the principal duties, the most frequently required contacts are with:
o Contractor’s Supervisors
o Field Material Manager (if applicable)
o Construction manager/ supervisors
o Materials manager
o Inspectors/ QC managers
o Piping designer/ engineers
• Secondary (Technical) School + professional experience with supplementary general education.
• HBO working level
• Forklift certificate: national BMWT train certificate or a SSVV-recognized certificate
• Basic Safety VCA (B-VCA)
• Safety for Operational Managers (VCA VOL)
• or BVL / Safe handling of loads
• or AbvL
LANGUAGES/ COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Good knowledge of active and passive English.
• Able to communicate verbally and by email on HBO level
• 2 - 5 years of experience in a similar supervising position in small and medium size or program related field construction projects or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar supervising position in large size field construction projects or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar supervising position in medium size field construction projects or equivalent.
• Understanding of cycle of materials from cradle to grave in an EPC environment
• Understanding of –to be received- materials including handling and storage precautions
• Ability to operate & maintain Jacobs’s Materials Management system and/or experience with similar materials management systems
• Good Oil & gas related material knowledge, especially pipe bulks & valves
• Good average understanding of material short descriptions/ specifications
• Responsible / take ownership
• Well mannered